snippets ;
All i have are words to take your heart away.
Sup, 2015.
Wednesday, February 04, 2015
It's February which means it's past time that I get around to my 2014 summary post.

If 2013 was the year everything changed, 2014 kept it up. 

I mean, come on! I started the year driving because of my internship. It's crazy! Till now, I can't believe that I've already driven for a year. Driving has to be one of my greatest challenge and yet, knowing that I conquered it (without getting into any major accidents!) has made me feel more confident about myself.

Internship was an eye-opener; it has totally changed the way I think about myself. I think I've finally internalised what Adhila and Eric have been telling me throughout our sessions together. Not only that, I've also found out what I truly want out of my life, what is important to me, what drives me. So, that has been an awesome experience.


Then, it was hectic uni life and getting back into the groove. In the midst of this was my 100 days of trial with boyfriend. It was truthfully, a terrible time. The anxiety, the helplessness, the hope, all bitter sweet but I guess, seeing that we did end up together, it wasn't too bad of an idea.

Relationships are all about ups and downs, wrongs and rights, trial and error. Despite all that, the fact that we made it to 10 months now is pretty amazing. :D There is no one (Kpop don't count!) I rather call boyfriend than you. 

//

Popo Chen passed away. There are still days where I'm surprised by the fact that she's no longer around. I can still remember the day that I finally realized she was gone for good—daddy was talking about grandchildren and I thought Popo would be happy about that and then realised she isn't around to see them.

//

I have finally handed up my thesis. Not my best work but it is now in the hands of God (please, I just want to pass!) and the lecturers who will mark it. Still, I am glad that this part of my life is over. I can no longer call myself a student.

Which means my next phase in life is starting or should I say, it already has? I'm not too sure about this part and honestly, I am in no great hurry to decide. I just feel like taking a break and doing what I want to do. Probably not the wisest thing but I feel like I need time to figure out what I am going to do next.

I've always thought being an adult was pretty clear-cut. Being able to drive would make me an adult. Earning a monthly income would make me an adult. Owning a credit card would make me an adult. Getting older should make me an adult. While they are milestones I am proud to have achieved, I found that none of them makes me an adult. In fact, I'm not sure I'll ever be.

//

2015, I think will be a year for me. For me to learn about what I want, where I want to go, and what I want to do with pretty much the rest of my life.

I really hope I'll find the answer before the year ends.

//




Have me a good time, before my time is up

Labels: , , ,


←newer post
older post→