snippets ;
All i have are words to take your heart away.
Worth.
Saturday, September 06, 2008
Once, a friend asked me if it was worth being a Christian. I didn’t have the answer straight away. So that night, I sat on my bed and thought about it. It wasn’t long before I realized that the question was phrased wrongly.
Worth had nothing to do with me wanting to become a Christian or why I am one. In my understanding, worth would mean that I had to sacrifice something, to give up something I cherished when I chose to become a Christian. But that is not right is it?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only beloved son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16. It was God who sacrificed, who gave the only thing He ever had and became someone He didn’t have to be just because He loves us so much.
What did we, mere human beings give up? What did we have to sacrifice but praise and offering to this God that came down to earth and then died for us?
So my question for you is this, is His life worth ours? Did He die in vain? Did He love in vain? Because the truth is Jesus paid the price so that we could become Christians.

Labels: ,


←newer post
older post→